Wednesday, March 18, 2009

sun, bike, what's not to like?

I had a particularly wholesome day last Saturday with my pal H. We went bike riding all the way to the Shanghai zoo. The entire trip took one hour. Highlights include dimsum, losing an earring, finding a hidden private garden and me falling off my bike and nearly faceplanting into some old woman's cart. Deciding that one near death experience wasn't nearly enough for me, once at the zoo, I convinced H to ride the Scariest Ferris Wheel ever.

We were (ok, fine I WAS) totally fooled by the colorful exterior. But as soon as that door slammed shut and we heard the lock click from the outside we both regretted it. Our rusty, jail-like carriage slowly creaked its way up in space swinging precariously the entire way. After what felt like the longest 5 minutes ever, we emerged ashen faced and blood pressure significantly higher but pretty much unharmed. Whew.




No comments:

Post a Comment