Friday, March 27, 2009

sad but true

After graduation my friend L worked in Philly for briefly for Teach for America, a job that was riddled with stress, strife and "You won't believe what happened at school today" horror stories. One particular story that still sticks out for me was when a student brought a jar of urine to school as a prank and spilled its contents in a high-traffic hallway. The entire episode caused a huge mess and smelled horrible. While she was telling this story, the first thought that came to my head was, "Urine? That's such a legal liability." The next thought that came to my head was, "Wow, I'm soooo old and boring."

Which leads me to this cartoon, aptly titled "Old people's dreams":


Cartoon provided by the genius archives of Quantz.

No comments:

Post a Comment